FOTD: Queen of Hearts (Halloween Series)

The other days I found a photo of a girl wearing cards on her face, while I was searching an inspiration for Halloween makeup, and I knew immediately I have to recreate this look, because it was so interesting. Of course I added my touch to it, but I’m so happy I did it. Red eyeshadow, people, red eyeshadow! I can’t tell you how much I adore red eyeshadow. I know I might sound crazy, but I really really adore red on my eyes. 


Photo 1: I started with priming my eye with eyeshadow primer and then I used a pointed brush to outline the crease with red eyeshadow. I know, I know, I’m doing cut crease again, but I think cut crease suits this look very well.
Photo 2: I took a fluffy brush and blended the red eyeshadow up on my brow bone.
Photo 3: Then I took a pointed brush and applied black eyeshadow in crease, and carefully blended it with red.
Photo 4: All over the lid I applied matte vanilla eyeshadow.
Photo 5: I decided to do red eyeliner. I used creamy eyeshadow from Flash palette I bought on eBay. This eyeshadow is really easy to work with, the only problem I had with it is fast smudging. After few looks I did with this palette I discovered that I have to set these eyeshadows with powder eyeshadows to prevent smudging (I discovered that quickly, right? :S).
Photo 6: Under my eyes I first applied black eyeshadow very close to my lashes and then I used red eyeshadow to blend it out.
Photo 7: As a highlighter under my eyebrow I used matte white eyeshadow, because I didn’t want to achieve too much focus there. On waterline I used black pencil.
Photo 8: For the end I applied mascara and false lashes, which were a must for this look. As you can see I also blended the red on brow bone a bit more, because I saw I have too sharp line and I wanted it softer. 


Then I went on my face. I already applied foundation and filled my eyebrows before, but next step after the eyes were done was to draw cards. I made four cards above the right eye. I used angled brush and black creamy eyeshadow from Flash palette to draw rectangles, one near the other. Then I used white creamy eyeshadow to fill the empty space of cards. Because on some places I went over the line, I used black eyeshadow again to fix the mistakes and on some places I made lines a bit thicker. Then I draw four Q’s, one in each card. First I was planning to do four hearts, but in the end I decided to do all four symbols of Poker cards. On my cheeks I didn’t want to complicate, so I contoured my cheeks with Catrice Prime and Fine palette and then I used coral blush from Catrice (Coral Me Maybe). I decided to skip highlighter. On left side, under the eye I draw two hearts.


For the lips I first used dark red matte lipliner. I really like this Look by Bipa lipliner, but I felt like this look needs something more, so I first used Bourjois gloss and then I applied Essence golden glittery pigment over it. Because I used gloss, glitter stuck better on lips. 


Products I used:
*Face
- Vichy Teint Ideal 15
- Oriflame The One Illuskin foundation Porcelain
- Bourjois Silk Edition Porcelain
- Catrice Liquid Camouflage concealer Porcellain
- Catrice Prime and Fine Ashy Radiance
- Catrice Coral Me Maybe
Imagic Professional Cosmetics palette 12 Flash Color Case (for cards)

*Eyes
- NYX High Definiton eyeshadow primer
- Miyo 13
- Sleek Cucarao palette (black)
- Catrice Velvet Matt eyeshadow Vanillaty Fair
- Imagic Professional Cosmetics palette 12 Flash Color Case
- Essence I Love Extreme waterproof mascara
- Toyoko longlasting eyeliner 508
- Essence How to Make Brows Wow (for eyebrows)
- Lady Queen false lashes

*Lips
- Look by Bipa Orchid
- Bourjois Carton Rouge
- Essence A Piece of Forever


What do you think about this look? If you liked I'd I would appreciate if you would share it. Thank you for reading!

16 komentarjev

  1. Joj super makeup!!! Rdeča ti nenormalno paše, te tako lepo poživi. Ideja je pa spet zanimiva. Jaz bi se za Halloween najrajši k tebi najavila, da bi me zrihtala v nulo :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Že v prejšnji objavi ko sem videla rdeč eyeliner, se mi je zdelo, da ti noro dobro poudari zelen odtenek ok. In res je. Ne morem verjeti kako ti paše :). A boš nosila z nosljivim makeupom :D? Drugače pa odlično kot vedno ;) <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. all bow down to the queen of colours! Pomoje je ni barve na svetu, ki ti nebi pasala. Tale rdeča izgleda čisto odbito :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Kak lepooo! Jaz bi ustnice morda pustila kar na uni drugi sliki, brez dodatka zlate, čeprav super izgleda oboje!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Uuuu, mislim, da sem našla idejo za naslednji pust :D Tole je pa nekaj, kar bi še moje uboge make-up sposobnosti uspele nekako spacati skupaj :D
    Ti pa rdeča res pristaja, tako na očeh, ustnicah kot tudi kot oblačilo :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Se popolnoma strinjam s tvojo izjavo o rdeči na tvojih očeh. Res ti zelo lepo paše =) (res si nikoli nisem mislila da bom kdaj komu rekla, da mu paše rdeča na očesih, ampak res pride zelo lepo).
    Kar se pa tiče celotnega videza, je pa popoln kot vedno, res si polna čudovitih idej =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Awesome! Tale je moj najljubši do zdaj :) Rdeč liner na tebi izgleda bombastično <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Hud look :) Tale rdeči eyeliner izgleda res super na tebi, definitivno si nisem mislila da lahko sploh zgleda normalno :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Čudovito, kako si lepo pokombinirala različne rdeče odtenke na očeh, sploh pa tele zlate bleščice na ustnicah dodajo piko na i

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Se strinjam z MissDoll, bleščice na ustnicah so zmagovalne! :D (Natalija)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3