Review and Swatches: Makeup Revolution Acid Brights Palette

Makeup Revolution brand is a new UK brand, that is available in Slovenia too. A lot of Slovenian bloggers got a chance to try their products and I was really excited about my package. Today I'm reviewing a product that I was the most excited about - a palette Acid Brights. It's really a fun palette, full of bright shades and it screams my name from far. As you know I adore that kind of shades.


The packaging is black with transparent lid. It's pretty similar to MUA packaging. It's thin so it's easy to store. It comes with two side sponge applicator, which I don't use. The only problem can be narrow pans which are not really practical if you use bigger eyeshadow brush.


In this palette are 12 eyeshadows, 4 shimmery and 8 matte, 4 of them are neon (yellow, orange, pink, green). Eyeshadows are all bright and fun shades, but palette also contains black eyeshadow, which I like to use in outer V and crease and white eyeshadow, which can be used as highlighter. The pigmentation of shimmery eyeshadows is amazing and also matte are nice pigmented. Only white eyeshadow has poor pigmentation comparing to others.
Eyeshadows are powdery and dust quite a lot in the palette, but it surprised me that fall out is minimal when I apply them on my eyes. Over white base they can look even more intense than on swatches below and intesity can be reached also by tapping them on lids. They blend nicely. But I did notice, that after few hours they fade a bit and they crease. I wore few looks since I took these photos and they all creased. I tried Essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base and NYX Milk pencil as base for looks and none prevent creasing. I'm kinda disspointed that these crease, because I have high hopes for Hot Smoke palette, which I tend to use more often than Acid Brights, to last on my lids through my working day without creasing.


Swatches are made with a brush and I didn't use any base underneath.


For first look I used fushsia shade in the middle of the lid, purple shade on first and last third of the lid, black in outer V and crease, darker blue on lower lash line and yellow in inner corner.


For second look I used orange all over the lid, black in outer V and I blended it with purple into crease, I used olive green under eyes and yellow in inner corner.


This palette contains 14 g and it's available in Makeup Revolution store for £4.00 and on Ličila.si for 5,95 €. The price is really low and the quality of this palette isn't bad at all, but the downside is that eyeshadows crease on my lids. This palette is definitely not for everyone, but it's perfect for those who likes to play with colors. 

Now we came to the end of review, you saw the palette, swatches and look, but did it reming you on something? Yes, this palette is a dupe for Sleek Acid palette that I own as well. If you'll want to know which palette is better or if they are the same, you'll have to return on my blog tommorow to read a comparison post.

Have you tried anything from Makeup Revolution? What do you think of this palette? Thank you for reading!
*This products was sent to me for review.

29 komentarjev

  1. Tale paleta je pa res čisto za tebe in super look-a si že ustvarila z njo :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. They look amazingly good on swatches without base. Too bad that they crease :/
    Looks are great, orange is my favorite

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. They are really not bad. Yes, I couldn't believe, how fast they creased. :/

      Izbriši
  3. Super review. Ti zelo pristajajo takšni bolj živahni looki :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Jih res obožujem. :)

      Izbriši
  4. Great, thanks so much for the swatches! This fushsia is awesome! And so are the neons!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Wow, that's bright.. Unfortunately to bright for me, but it looks great on you :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Not everyone is for bright shades. :) Thank you. :D

      Izbriši
  6. Super je, čeprav se mi zdi Sleekova verzija boljša glede na swathe ki sem jih videla :)
    Sem pa sprobala njihov mat gloss in kremni blush :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Sem naredila primerjavo in je Sleekova res boljša.
      Kak se ti zdi mat glos? Mene ni ravno navdušil.

      Izbriši
  7. The colours are beautiful but too bad about the creasing :(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. The colours are very vibrant and I love what you've done with them on your eyes :-) Shame about the quality tho :-(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. zelo lepi odtenki, se mi zdi zelo lepo pigmentirana.
    Pravi poletni odtenki in super MU ti zelo pristaja :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Wow res živahni odtenki:) Tudi mat odtenki so lepo pigmentirani:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Niso slabi, sploh za to ceno, je pa original vseeno boljši. :)

      Izbriši
  11. Res lepe barve :) Ko sem prvič videla tele njihove paletke nisem pričakovala da bodo tako pigmentirane :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ni slabo pigmentirana. So pa barve čisto moje. :)

      Izbriši
  12. Prva kombinacija mi se vise svidja zbog boja, a druga mi se vise svidja kako ti stoji :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Druga kombinacija je super, mi je zelo všeč. Pa cela paleta je krasna, Sleekovo Acid imam na WL že cel vek, tako da že hitim brati primerjavo, da vidim, katero se bolj splača nabavit. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. Beautiful palette! I love such brights :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3