Review: L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3in1 Purifying Micellar Solution

I just finish the second bottle of L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3in1 Purifying Micellar Solution, so I think it's time I finally review it. There's been written a lot about this products, some people love it, others don't like it. Well, for me this is a good product, although it does have some negative sites as well lik the packaging, which I don't like at all.


Let's talk about the packaging first then. It's a square clear packaging with white lid and it contains 200 ml of products. Opening is very big and you can easly use too much product, much more that you need. So the packaging is a big minus. I tend to wear very heavy eye makeup, so I usually use it mainly on my face, because otherwise I need at least 3 cotton pads only for eyes. It cleans my face makeup pretty good and it leaves me fresh feeling (some people said that it feels oily, but I didn't notice that). I don't wear waterproof makeup except eyeliner and I noticed that it cleans it very good, but it doesn't clean mascara very well. If I drop too much product on a cotton pad and I use it ob my eyes, it can irritate them, otherwise it doesn't (so yeah, less is better).  I don't wear makeup every day (ok, lately I do because I'm trying a lot of new eye looks and also because of testing products), so I didn't use it every day, but if I would I'd finish it in less than a month, which is very quickly to me (the reason for that is probably also that you can easly drop too much product on a cotton pad). In the packaging it foams, but I didn't notice that that would affect on the usage or my skin.


Many bloggers did a comparison with Bioderma Sensibio micellar water and came to conclusion that Bioderma is much better. I had a Bioderma sample at home, so I decided to compare them and I did a little test. A half of my face a cleaned with Bioderma and a second half with L'Oreal. I used the same number of cotton pads for both sides and to me they worked the same. They also felt the same on my face. I can't compare packaging because I never had a full size Bioderma. I also didn't notice that Bioderma would clean mascara better and it irritated my eyes as well if it came in my eyes. So for me Bioderma isn't a winner but that's just my personal opinion. As you know products work different for different people.


I'm satisfied with this products, I only have a problem with the packaging. Besides too big opening (wasting product) it only contains 200 ml, which is very little. If I would use it on a daily basis I'd finish it in less than a month (if I'd use it for eyes as well - I wear strong makeup). It's available in Müller, DM, Tuš drugstore and maybe somewhere else as well. The price is different from a drugstore to drugstore, it costs from 4 to 6 €.


Some time ago Garnier came out with micellar water, which is practically the same as this one, just that is bigger - it contains 400 ml. The price is something less than 6 €. I bought it in DM and I can't remember the exact price anymore. But I do remember, that I checked the price of Garnier and L'Oreal micellar water in Tuš drugstore and the price was exactly the same. I tried Garnier already and I like it, it has better packaging, it works the same as L'Oreal one, except that it's even worse for removing mascara as L'Oreal one. It foams a lot in a packaging, but I didn't notice that would influence on the usage or my skin. From now on I'm buying Garnier one, because for the same price I get two times more of a products.

Have you tried L'Oreal micellar water? Which micellar water is your favourite? Thank you for reading!