Purple and Silver New Year's Eve Look (+Tutorial)

Hello, everyone! It's New Year's Eve tomorrow. I'm actually not very excited about this day, to me it's like every other day, I'm probably going to spend it at home watching movies, but what I'm excited about is doing festive makeup. For few years now I'm mostly at home (or BF's home) for New Year's Eve, but I always do my makeup, because I enjoy in it. Today and tomorrow I decided to share 2 looks with a tutorial with you to give you last minute ideas, if you still don't know, what to wear tomorrow. First look, that I'm going to show you, is a silver and purple look. As you can see, purple looks more greyish on photos and I have no idea, why is that so.


First I used Essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base. I like to use it, even if I use jumbo pencil as a base for eyeshadow as well, because it prevents my makeup from creasing. Then I applied Gorgeous Grey pencil all over the lid and blended it with my fingers. It doesn't look perfectly applied, because I used it as a base for silver eyeshadow - Pretty in Paris from Sleek Vintage Romance palette.


After that I used Catrice Shade of Grey, applied it in my crease and blend it out on my browbone. Then I used Bliss in Barcelona from Sleek Vintage Romance palette, applied it in crease and softly blended it, but not as high as Catrice eyeshadow. After that I applied Essence Alice Had a Vision - Again in outer V and blended it.


On my lower lashline I first used Essence pigment Alice Had a Vision - Again and then I blended it with Catrice Plum up the Jam eyeshadow. In my inner corner I applied Pretty in Paris eyeshadow and over silver eyeshadow on my lid Fleur de Sante Mercury pigment. As a highlighter under my brow I used Catrice Ice White Open eyeshadow.


In the end I used black pencil on my waterline, line my eye with Catrice eyeliner and used a mascara. 


I was combining few lip shades with this look, but none really looked good to me, so in the end I decided to put a nude lisptick on. Although nude looks good with this look, I have a feeling, that there is a shade, that would go better with this look. What do you think, which shade would you combine with eyes?


Products I used:
*Face
- Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation 02 Vanilla
- Essence Stay All Day Longlasting Concealer 02 Soft Beige
- Essence Compact Powder Soft Beige
- Essence Metal Glam Gold Digger highlighting powder
- Essence Cherry Blossom Girl Asian Sensation blush
*Eyes
- Essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base
- Essence Stays No Matter What Gorgeous Grey eyepencil
- Sleek Vintage Romance palette (Pretty in Paris, Bliss in Barcelona)
- Catrice Plum up the Jam eyeshadow
- Catrice Shade of Grey eyeshadow
- Catrice Ice White Open eyeshadow
- Fleur de Sante Mercury pigment
- Essence Alice Had a Vision - Again pigment
- black kajal pencil from Catrice San Francisco palette
- Catrice Ink Waterproof Eyeliner Don't Move
- Essence I Love Extreme mascara
- Catrice Glamour Volume mascara
- Catrice eyebrow set (for brows) 

*Lips
- Essence Natural Beauty


I also adjust this look a bit and made it more sparkly. I applied glittery She liner over black liner and I used red on my lips (Catrice Fatal  lip lacquer, which I dab on my lips with fingers). I prefer this look without glittery eyeliner, but I like red lips with this eye look. At the beginning I applied lip lacquer with a brush and it was too dark, maybe that's why I didn't like it with this look, softly dabbed on lips looks much better.


Do you already know, what makeup look will you wear tomorrow? Which look do you like better, first one or second one? Thank you for reading!

16 komentarjev

  1. This is one of the best looks yet. I especially like how it looks on you, though I like it more with a softer lipstick :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Super look, res ti paše :) Pa fajn tutorial, si moram tole zabeležit za kak night out ker se mi zdi ravno pravi mejkap za takšne priložnosti :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Pokaži, če ga boš res rekreirala. Pride pa v tem letu še več makeup tutorialov. :)

      Izbriši
  3. They are both amazing but I liked the first one more!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. My favourite is first one, too. :)

      Izbriši
  4. Your eyebrows look so much better than before - your entire face looks more gentle and fresh.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. I actually feel better with them as well, I use to didn't imagine, how I would look with filled brows. :)

      Izbriši
  5. Tale srebrna res noro izpade in super poživi vse...mi je pa bolj všeč prva verzija :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Meni je prva tudi ljubša. :)

      Izbriši
  6. the silver is so pretty and festive!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Ja sam na kraju novu docekala bez kapi sminke na licu XD skroz sam zaboravila, a ovaj srebrni look mi se bas svidja, napravit ce se nesto slicno za kakav izlazak :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz sem nosila zeleno smokey, verjetno bo danes na blogu. :)

      Izbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3