Getting Ready for Christmas #8: The Christmas Red

Good morning, everyone! Today I'm having another Christmas themed post for Getting Ready for Christmas challenge. As you can see from the title, I skipped one task. Seventh task was Christmas wishlist and I decided not to do it. I mean, I do have some things on my WL, but I decided not to post it and do rather on theme 8. That theme was "the Christmas red" or a classic red shade for nail and lips.


I knew from the beginning of this challenge, which red will I use for lips here, because it's my favourite at the moment. I'm talking about Essence Dare to Wear. It's a gorgeous darker red lipstick with glossy finish from Essence new range of longlasting lipsticks and it's the best lipstick from this range, at least from those I tried. I already said once before, that it lasted on my lips few hours, although I ate and drink and I really recommend you to try it. I wasn't completely sure, which polish to combine with it, because I don't have any in exact shade of lipstick, so I choose Barry M Blood Orange. I already showed swatches here, so I didn't swatch it again (idk, why lisptick looks brighter on this photo, probably because of light).

I wasn't completely sure, what makeup look should I do to combine it with the lipstick, so I did something very simple - double liner. I decided to add a golden liner, too, not just the black one, because golden color is a Christmas color and this should be a Christmas look.



Producst I used:
*Eyes
- Essence I Love Extreme mascara
- Catrice Ink Waterproof Eyeliner Don't Move
- Catrice eyebrow set (for brows)

*Face
- Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation 02 Vanilla
- Essence Stay All Day Longlasting Concealer 02 Soft Beige
- Essence Compact Powder Soft Beige
- Essence Metal Glam Gold Digger highlighting powder
- Essence Be Loud Ap-ri(c)ot blush

*Lips
- Essence Dare to Wear

*Nails


Whic is your favourire red shade for lips and nails? What do you think about my choice? Thank you for reading!

22 komentarjev

  1. You look gorgeous! I really loved the look both the lipstick and the eye make-up are really pretty *-*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Precej preprost videz, a meni zelo všečen! Barva laka je preprosta, ampak tako čudovita <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Veš, da sem prvič odprla tvoj blog na drugem računalniku (jaz imam mini laptop) in je čisto druga oblika bloga :D
    Ful mi je všeč zlat eyeliner. In cel makeup look je lep, seveda :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. A res? V bistvu nimam iste teme za računalnik in mobitel, ker te mobitel ne podpira, mogoče to kaj vpliva. Ne vem, se ne razumem v te stvari najbolj.
      Hvala. :)

      Izbriši
  4. Zelo lep makeup:) Ta odtenek rdeče šminke ti zelo paše:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Zelo lepo :) Ful ti paše makeup :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Love it! So simple but effective!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Divno divno :D ruz i lak su krasno crveni :D a za ovaj dupli liner ja sam do sad radila samo zlatni preko crnog, morat cu probat i ovu verziju :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3