Getting Ready for Christmas #5: Blue and Silver

Hi, everyone! Today I'm showing you nails and makeup for fifth entry in Getting Ready for Christmas challenge. Prepare, this post will be photo heavy. This time the theme was blue and silver. I like both colors, blue is my favourite color beside green. I knew I'm going to do dark blue smokey look on eyes, but I wasn't completely sure, what I'll do on nails to match makeup, but then I remembered on plate with Christmas desings I have and I decided to use it.


As a base I used Ruby Kisses Deal with the Devil. Then I sponged Stargazer 232 on my tips and over it Catrice Have an Ice Day. In the end I used plate B35 from Tedi and Stargazer to stamp the snowman on my nails.


On eyes I did very dark blue smokey look, that not everyone will like it, but I'm very pleased with it. Although I do like to wear darker looks during the day, I probably wouldn't wear something like this during the day, but for night out it would be perfect. It's always funny to me, when I read on other blogs or in magazines, that no one should wear blue eyeshadow, because it doesn't look good on anyone, because I personally think, that blue eyeshadows look good on me. You can also check yesterday's post, where I posted another blue makeup look and tell me, if you agree.


First I was planning to do a tutorial for this look, but I wasn't sure, how it'll came out, so I'm going to describe you, how I did it. First I used NYX Milk jumbo pencil as a base. Then I used Ink, a dark blue matt eyeshadow from Sleek Ultra Matts V2 Darks palette. After that I mixed 2 blue matt eyeshadows from Sleek Chaos palette, applied them in crease and blended them out. Then I applied black eyeshadow (best pigmented black eyeshadow I own!) from Chaos palette in outer V and blended it together with blue. After that I used Fleur de Sante Metallic Mineral, which is a silver shimmery pigment and dab it on inner 2/3 of my lid. Under my eyes I first used Misslyn Cornflower liner and then blended it with Ink eyeshadow. In inner part of my eyes I used Pretty in Paris eyeshadow from Sleek Vintage Romance palette, which is a silver eyeshadow, but because I already had a bit blue there, it has blue undertone. Under my brows I used NYX Milk as highlighter and then I applied liquid eyeliner on upper lashline, black kajal pencil on waterline and a mascara.


 Products I used:
*Face
- Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation 02 Vanilla
- Essence Stay All Day Longlasting Concealer
- 02 Soft Beige- Essence Compact Powder Soft Beige

*Eyes
- Sleek Chaos palette (both blue and black)
- Sleek Vintage Romance palette (Pretty in Paris eyeshadow)
- Fleur de Sante Metallic Mineral eyeshadow
- Misslyn Cornflower eyeliner
- black kajal pencil from Catrice San Francisco palette
- Essence I Love Extreme mascara
- Catrice Glamour Volume mascara
- Catrice Ink Waterproof Eyeliner Don't Move
- Catrice eyebrow set (for brows)

*Lips
- Essence Natural Beauty lipstick
- Essence Stay Matt lip cream Soft Nude


This is the look, that definitely requires false lashes. Because I'm still clumsy with them and they can look strange, so I did few photos with only mascara before putting false lashes on. It definitely looks better with false lashes on, what do you say?


Tell me, what do you think about my look and manicure? Do you like silver and blue combination? Thank you for reading!

35 komentarjev

  1. Krasen makeup <3 in seveda manikura :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. yaaay! I love your cute manicure but I'm simply stunned with youe make-up! glamorous!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Predivno, i šminka i nokti. Jako mi se sviđa kako je ispalo!!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Čudovit mejkap <3 Pa vedno lepše obrvi imaš

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Malce eksperimentiram z njimi, da vidim, kako najlepše izgleda na fotkah. :) V živo nenamazane sicer še vedno katastrofalno izgledajo. :P

      Izbriši
  5. Oboje mi je ful všeč, in makeup in nohti. Pa tukile maš super obrvi!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) To pa je fajn slišati od umetnice ličenje (ker drugače so moje obrvi v katastrofalnem stanju). :D

      Izbriši
  6. Wheeeeeeeeee you're so gorgeous & cute!! I really love how you combine your mani and makeups <333

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. this is so cute, more winter than christmas though, i like it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Nokti i make up izgledaju super. Veki :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I sminka i nokti su bas po mom ukusu! Prelepo je! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Tale NOTD je pa meni eden izmed tvojih najljubših, pa še makeup je prekrasen. Umetne trepalnice res naredijo še dodaten waw efekt :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :)
      Ja, taki looki lepše izgledajo z umetnimi trepalnicami, ker moje izgledajo, kot da jih ni.

      Izbriši
  11. wow, odlično ti stoji jedan ovako hladan make up... i noktići su mi preslatki *.*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Ne znam sto mi se dogadja ali u zadnje vrijeme mi se puno vise svidjaju ovi make-upovi nego nokti :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mogoče pa samo delam boljše makeup looke. :P

      Izbriši
  13. The base polish is super pretty! Your eye make up is ah-mazing! It looks very 3D, wow! You should try more dark and mettalic eye make up looks, this one suits you really well
    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  14. This makeup look looks absolutely beautiful on you! You're right, blue actually suits you really well :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Beautiful makeup and gorgeous nails ♥
    Love the combination!!!♥

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  16. this makeup is really amazing!!!!! I may try to copy it in the future, but it looks more purple than blue to me ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3