Getting Ready for Christmas #4: Red and Gold

Hi, everyone! In today's post I'm going to show you, what I did for day 4 in Getting Ready for Christmas challenge. This time the topic was red and gold. I did a simple golden eye look with red lips, which I think it's pretty classic for Christmas.


I also made a tutorial to give you an idea, what can you wear on those festive days. I decided to use Sleek Storm palette for this look, because I was neglecting it too much lately and it's one of my favourites.
Step 1: Prime your lid. Here I used NYX Milk as a primer.
Step 2: Appy a golden eyeshadow over your lid.
Step 3: Use a light brown matte eyeshadow, apply it in crease and then blend it on your browbone.
Step 4: Use a darker brown shade, apply it in crease and blend it out, but not too high on your browbone, because lighter eyeshadow should still be noticeable.


Step 5: Apply the same golden shade, that you used on lids, in inner corner of your eye and on 2/3 of you lower lashline. On outer 1/3 of your lowerlashlie apply darker brown shade and blend it together with golden shade.
Step 6: Use highlighter under your eyebrow and apply white pencil on your waterline. Here I used NYX Milk, which is perfect for waterline, because it lasts long and is also great for highlighting.
Step 7: Apply an eyeliner. You can also skip this step, if you don't like eyeliner or aplly thinner line, but as you know, I like my eyeliner a bit thicker. 
Step 8: Apply a mascara and you're done with eyes.


I have gorgeous false lashes, that would go perfectly with this look, but on that day I just couldn't apply them on my eyes, so I have photos only with my natural lashes. For the lips I went with red. First I applied Essence lipliner in Femme Fatale and then over it NYX gloss in True Red. On cheeks I also used red blush - Maybelline 501. Because I always look on photos like I don't have any blush, I applied a bit more this time. Tell me, does it look ok or it is too much?


Products I used:
*Face
- Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation 02 Vanilla
- Essence Stay All Day Longlasting Concealer 02 Soft Beige
- Catrice camouflage cream in Ivory
- Essence All About Matt fixing compact powder
- Essence Compact Powder Soft Beige
- Essence Metal Glam Gold Digger highlighting powder
- Maybelline 501 blush

*Eyes
- NYX jumbo pencil in Milk
- Sleek Storm palette
- Catrice Glamour Volume mascara
- Catrice Ink Waterproof Eyeliner Don't Move
- Catrice eyebrow set (for brows)

*Lips
- Essence Femme Fatale lipliner
- NYX gloss True Red


What do you think? Thank you for reading!

31 komentarjev

  1. Beautiful, I love gold and red combination for holidays, always looking festive :) NYX Milk is on my wishlist :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. You should get Milk, it's amazing. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Sviđa mi se look, crvena ti jako lijepo stoji :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Zlato rdeča kombinacija je res super:) Lep makeup:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Oooh you look gorgeous!! This look suits you perfectly :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Imas zelo lepe obrvi in vesela bi bila ce bi imela kaksen postek o tem kako skrbis za njih :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Sicer so moje obrvi v katastrofalnem stanju, ampak ko bom ocenila Catrice set za obrvi, ki ga uporabljam, bom napisala še, kako jih urejam.

      Izbriši
    2. superca, hvala :)
      Imaš res zelo lepe :)

      Izbriši
  6. Zelo lepo! Komaj čakam, da se mi ustnice pocelijo in lahko spet začnem nositi šminke, sploh rdečo. :)

    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz zadnje čase tudi obožujem rdečo, pa za praznične dni bo odlična. :D

      Izbriši
  7. Wow! Pretty! I love how you do eye makeup. I wish I could do it like you :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. Practise is everything, I say. Just practice and I'll bet you'll do it great. :)

      Izbriši
  8. odlično, ovaj look će većini pristajati :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Such a classic yet beautiful makeup look! Love these colours on you, especially gold eyeshadow :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  10. Oh, krasen look. Fantastično obliko ustnic maš, prav vedno se čisto navdušim nad rdečo barvo na tvojih ustnicah. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Christmas is coming, the latest michael kors bag here, good price quality, introduced to everyone
    http://www.mirandamichaelkors.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Super ti stoji look i ja cesto radim ovakve :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Zelo lep make up. Edino malo me moti barva na ličnicah ker ni enaka z barvo ustnic.. Saj ne da je to pravilo.. Samo ker imaš zelo poudarjene ličnice, bi vsaj meni bilo všeč da se barva ustnic in lic ne bi tepli. Drugač oči so pa božanske.¨!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3