Swatches and Review: Essence Tribal Summer Nail Polishes

Hi, girls! On Sunday I showed you, what I got from Essence Tribal Summer collection and today I have finally swatches for you. I decided to divide a review about this collection in 2 parts and today I have nail polish swatches for you.


In this collection were 5 polishes, but pink and nude were not my thing, so I passed them. They're in the same bottle as their regular polishes and contain 8 ml. They costed 1,69 €. I found this collection in Müller, I don't know, when and if will be available in DM. What really surprised me by this collection is, that they only releases 2 bottles of each shade. Usually they have at least 3 or 4.

On this photo red isn't really close to real color, I don't know, why my camera catched it so dark. :/

I don't know, what's happening to Essence, but some polishes have very strange brush. Purple shade has the worse brush ever, on one side is longer and on the other shorter. With this brush is impossible to apply polish nicely. Yellow one has better brush, but the red one has the best - wide and a bit rounded in the end, which made application very easy.


02 Inti Inka is a yellow creme shade with a bit orange undertone. This one is my favourite from this collection. Inti Inka is not one of those yellow shades, that need 3 or 4 coats to look opaque and even, but it has very good formula and I needed only 2 coats to make it opaque. If you're looking for a nice yellow shade, I recommend you this one.


04 Yipi Ya Yeah is a purple shade, that looks a bit brighter than it is on my swatch in lightbox. That's why I added a photo of polish in the sun, the color is more accurate there. Its formula it's between jelly and creme. If this one wouldn't have the strange brush, the application would be very easy. But now I had a lot of clean up to do. I used 2 coats (except on middle finger, where I had to fix polish, so I added another coat). 


05 Na-Rock is a red creme shade with a pink undertone. I like this one, because it's not a classical red. It has an amazing formula and it's very pigmented, it's opaque already after 1 coat. I love the brush of this polish, it makes its application so easy. I used 2 coats for this swatch.


Come back tomorrow, when I'm going to review both lipsticks from this collection.

What do you think about these polishes, do you see anything you like? Thank you for reading!

39 komentarjev

  1. oh my, I love Inti Inka! I need it!!!! great review!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Inti Inka is my favourite from this collection, it's a perfect yellow. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Super swatchi, kot vedno :) Tale rdečko je res poseben :) xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :)
      Rdečko je res zanimiv, ker ni tista klasična rdeča. :)

      Izbriši
  3. Dobri swatchi :) Zdaj mi je žal da sem rdečega zamudila, ful je lep :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :)
      Rdeč je res lep, meni je všeč, ker ni klasična rdeča. :)

      Izbriši
  4. Yellow and red are my favorite. They're beautiful. Purple looks strange :( but I love the color.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Purple looks strange probably because of finish, it's a bit yelly and it's not 100 % opaque after 2 coats (although in person that isn't visible).

      Izbriši
  5. Odgovori
    1. It's great, I'm really glad, that I got it. :)

      Izbriši
  6. Crveni je jako lep, a ni druga dva nisu losa.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Meni je rdeč tudi všeč, je malce drugačen od tistih, ki jih že imam v zbirki. :)

      Izbriši
  7. Vsi so lepi, najbolj mi je pa v oči padel rumen- full zanimiv odtenek.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Rumen je meni izmed teh treh najlepši. :)

      Izbriši
  8. uu lepi :) un rumenko pa sploh! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. I thought there were 4 colors? These three and a black one? :O
    I like all the colors, especially the yellow one, but in that trio set, yellow is the worst one. I will post a rewiew today, too, but overall, I thought they're going to be better :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. There are 5 colors. Black color is only in the set of polishes with thin brush.
      Can't wait to see your review. :)

      Izbriši
  10. Krasne bojice, cak mi se i ta zuta svidja :-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. I hate them brushes more and more :-( I was so angry today because I wanted to use mint Essence nail polish and brush was so horrible... I remove it and I apply the other nail polish, grr

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I guess, Essence is becaming like his big sister Catrice with these brushes. They're really getting worse. :/
      Luckily my mint polish has a good brush.

      Izbriši
  12. sve tri boje su mi prelepe :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Odgovori
    1. They are interesting colors. :)

      Izbriši
    2. They're nice colors. :)

      Izbriši
  14. vise su mi za jesen nego za ljeto al ovaj ljubicasti je lijep :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  15. Great swatches...BTW I don't know why I like the yellow one so much *__*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. :) Yellow is my fav too. :)

      Izbriši
  16. I like all 3 shades! The yellow is a nice soft colour.. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I love the yellow too, it's perfect for summer, I think. :)

      Izbriši
  17. Jaz sem si kupila rumeno - Inti Inka in tisti mini paketek treh striperjev in sem ful zadovoljna. Noro lepe barve!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz striperjev nisem vzela, ker bi uporabljala samo črnega, pa se mi ni splačalo. Za rumenega pa sper, da si ga kupila, čudovit je.

      Izbriši
  18. Hello! I am absoltley in love with that shade of yellow nail polish! I havent been able to find one like it online. Do you know any brand that makes a similar shade? Thank you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. This shade is pretty unique in my collection, but Essence often does similar shades in their regular assortment as they do in their LE's, so it's worth checking out. ;)

      Izbriši
  19. Little Miss Sunrise is pretty similar, it's just a little darker! Thank you!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3