NOTD: Neon Skittle Striping Tape Manicure

Hi, girls! Today I have for you a manicure, that it's currently on my nails. You saw a preview of it in yesterday's Random Sunday. My nails are growing nicely, so soon I'll continue with 31 day challenge (but before I have some old swatches to show you). Today's manicure was inspired by French blogger Pshiiit.


I decided to go with neons for this manicure, because I love nails, that stand out. On 2 accent nails I used a striping tape. I would do them on all, but it seemed to me time consuming. Polishes, I used, are: She 115, Ruby Kisses Tropical Green, CH Nail Lacquer 15, G Cosmetics No. 2, Flormar N015 and China Glaze Sun Worshiper.


Gisela asked me on Facebook to do a tutorial for this manicure. I didn't have time do film a video, so I make a photo tutorial on a nail wheel.

Step 1: Paint your nails with white polish. Wait for it to be completely dry. Here I suggest you to use fast drying top coat, so it will dry faster, otherwise you'll have to wait very long for polish to completely dry. Polish has to be completely dry, otherwise tape can remove pieces of polish and that doesn't look nice.
Step 2: Place pieces of tape on a nail and form them the way, you want your design to look like. Make sure, that a piece of a tape will look across your nail (for easier removal).
Step 3: Paint the squares with color of your choise.
Step 4: Immeditely remove tape from your nail. Help yourself with tweezers. Start with the one, you place the last and finish with the one, you place it first. The desing looks much better, if you remove tape, when the polish is still wet. If you wait, that the polish drys, the tape can make a mess on your nails.
Step 5: Use a top coat to seal your manicure.


I really like, how this turned out. I'm definitely going to try it with some other colors too. I hope, my tutorial was helpful for you and you're going to try it too. 

What do you think about this manicure, do you like it? Thank you for reading!

25 komentarjev

  1. Hudo! Ful dobro zgleda. Kje pa te srebrne trakce kupiš?

    Deja Zu

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :)
      Meni jih je naročila Nuša pri nakitko.si par mesecev nazaj, po moje jih pa najdeš najbolj poceni na ebayu pa Born Pretty Store trgovina jih ima. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Wowww!! look so amazing!! i love neon colors!! kisses ;-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Super manikura i super tutorial,mislim da ću isprobati čim mi stignu trakice ;)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. :) Odlično, potem pa kar pokaži na blogu. :)

      Izbriši
  4. morat cu ovako nesto probat definitivno :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Super, potem pa le pokaži na blogu. :)

      Izbriši
  5. Lovely manicure :)
    I love these kinda designs :)
    hugs
    xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. predobro izgleda... i dobar tutać :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. It's super cool! And I need more neons in my life ^_^

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. :) I love neons, soon I'll do post about my neon collection. :)

      Izbriši
  8. i love your accent nails! such a cool look!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3