RETO 2013: Water

Hi, girls! This week I'm a bit late with RETO challenge, I usually post it at the beginning of the week, but telling the truth, this week I wasn't very inspired to do nail art, so I waited till weekend to do the manicure for this challenge. This week's task is "inspired by water" and first I was planning to do manicure, inspired by rain, because it rained almost a whole week here, but manicure didn't succeed the best, so I decided to do something else. Today I was swatching OPI mini nail polishes from Germany collection, which I got for review, and there was one pretty blue shade, which inspired me to do a mermaid manicure. Mermaids live in water, so I think this theme suits well to this week's task.


When OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue was dry, I decided to sponge over it Essence Choose Me, which is a gorgeous teal shimmery shade, because I wanted to add a more mermady gloss to manicure, but on photos this polish isn't as noticeable as it is in person.


Then I used one of new Essence plates to make scales. First I wanted to do them free-hand, but then I remembered on this design and although it's not 100% scale looking, becase it has dots and flowers, it's close enough, specially, because in person they aren't that visible. For stamping I used Essence Stamp Me! Black polish.


I'm wearing this as my NOTD and I really like it. What do you think? Don't forget to check, what other girls did. Thank you for reading!


36 komentarjev

  1. Wow I love this design!!! Great work! Thank u for inspiration!:)

    beautinika.blogspot.com

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. I really like the colour and the stamping!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. This looks awesome! Great job :))

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. pametna ideja i krasna manikura :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. odlično ti je uspela konadikura! <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. Hey! I saw that you're a follower of my blog, and thought I should drop by to notify that I'm moving to another address at http://diamondinrouge.tumblr.com/
    I would appreciate if you'd re-follow me there, or at my bloglovin page http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6582239 Thank you and I hope this message isn't a bother! xx

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you for letting me know. :)

      Izbriši
  7. Tvoje fotke je pa vedno lepo pogledat :) Prekrasne nohte iimaš:) <3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. this is an amazing mermaid!! congrats, the blue is cool!! congrats

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Super je! Svidja mi se sto je skroz drugacije od drugih. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3