Review: Essence Peel Off Base Coat


Hi, girls! Today I have for you a review of Essence peel off base coat. I bought it immediatelly as it was available in stores and now I'm using it for over 2 months. I read so many positive reviews about it, the girls are impressed with it, but from my experiences I wouldn't gave it a mark great. To me this is a good product, but not great. If you want to know why, read my review.


The base coat comes in a round 10 ml bottle and wrapped in a paper with instructions. Essence says about it: "Fast and easy change of colour and effect nail polish. This innovate, solvent-free peel off base coat allows you to peel off your nail polish whenever you want, wherever you are! No remover needed!"


The base coat is white and it smells like a glue. The brush is normal round and it allows easy application. 


Instructions (with photos):
Step 1: Apply a generous layer of the peel off base coat to your nails. Allow appr. 10 minutes to dry until the white base coat becomes transparent. 


 After appr. 10 min of drying it becomes transparent. 


Step 2: Paint your favourite colour nail polish and/or effect nail polih over it and let it dry. 

I decided to use Essence Confetteria from Crazy Good Times TE to test this base coat, because I haven't wore this polish before and this was a great chance. This polish has thicker formula and application is real PITA. But colour is amazing. I used 2 coats. 


Step 3: Simply peel off to remove. Does not harm your nails.

This simply peel off does not work as they say. Removal can be very easy or also impossible. Confetteria was mix between those two. It wasn't hard to remove, but I had to remove it in more pieces. This is how it looked, when I removed it from one finger. I was helping myself with a wooden stick.


This is how it looked polish, when I removed it on one hand. It didn't go down in one piece. I had to help myself with wooden stick to lift polish up and then I could peel it off. Without stick peeling off wouldn't be easy.


My left hand after removing nail polish. 


I did need acetone to remove the dirt, that was left on my hands after peeling off. Removal didn't harm my nails, the only 2 things peeling off were a nail polish and a base coat.


Peeling off the polish can also be very easy. This is how it looked, when I wore Catrice No Snow Patrol and Essence Mrs and Mr Glitter. It went off in one piece. But unfortatelly it went off on the same day I painted my nails.


My experience and advices:
When Essence says, apply a generous layer of BC, do it. Base coat starts shrinking on your nails and if you aplly thin coat, it disappears on certain parts of the nail (it shrinks together). No matter how thick the layer will be, it will dry. After few minutes it'll become transparent. 
Essence advice you to avoid hot water for 3 hours after application. If you do that, the manicure will peel off. I advice you to avoid any water, if you're wearing only base coat, because it will become sticky and white. This base coat reacts strange with water, until you don't apply polish over it. I wore only this base coat during the night, because I wanted to do my manicure in the morning, and in the morning, when I was washing my face, base coat started melting on nails and it became sticky and white. Like it would never dry. But if I used polish and top coat over it, that didn't happen. 
I read many reviews, when girls said, that it's very easy to peel off the manicure with it. Well, I have different experiences. It can be very easy to simply peel it off, but that usually happend on the same day, which means, I couldn't wear the manicure very long. The polish chips on my nails very fast, but with this base coat even faster. I also had experience, that I couldn't peel the manicure off (I was wearing this manicure), so I had to use foil tehnique. Very big plus here is, that foil tehnique and peel off base coat work great together. I removed polish without any tiny glitter staying on it (which sometimes can happen with this tehnique). 

I'm not as satisfied with this product as other girls are, but it's great, that Essence released it, because now I can wear glitters more often and I know, that there won't be any problem to remove it (even if I'll have to use foil tehnique). I don't wear this polish with creme or shimmery nail polishes, only with glitter.

If woudl have to give this base coat a mark, I would probably gave it 3/5. It's cheap (between 2-3 €, I don't remember exactly) and it can saves problems with wearing glitter, but it doesn not work as it should. 

Did you try peel off base coat? What do you think about it? Are you satisfied with it or are you dissapointed?