Review and Swatches: Catrice Big City Life (Paris and San Francisco)


Hi, girls! Today a have for you a very long post. I'm reviewing Catrice Big City Life collection. I was so excited about it, because I missed it last year, because only few shops in Slovenia had them and they weren't available near me. But this year they came to Müller and in the end I decided to get 2, although I had only one on my WL (I mean, how many palettes does a girl really need? :P).  

This limited edition collection has 3 palettes and 3 polishes, inspired by cities. This year they are San Francisco, Paris and Shanghai. I got Paris and San Francisco palette and San Francisco nail polish. The packaging is great, every palette and a nail polish has a pattern of the city on it, which in my opinion looks very nice. In the back of the palettes are instructions, how to use them. This is useful for all beginners in make up. Every palette also comes with a black liner (which I forgot to swatch, as I noticed by editing) and a brush. I usually don't use those brushes, so I can't tell you anything about it. The liner on the other hand is really nice, I used it on my waterline and it stayed quite long, longer than the Essence one I'm usually using. But I think the liner isn't waterproof, because I smudged it easly with a finger. Every palette has a magnet, so it's easy to open and to close. The only thing I don't like by packaging is, that a liner and a brush are in a deep hole and it's very hard to get them out. And before i forget to mention, these shadows and blushes have names. Eyeshadows in Catrice palettes usually don't have names and I love, when every single eyeshadow has it's own name.

San Francisco and Paris palettes

Paris
This is probably going to be the most poplar palette, because it has neutral shadows, which are perfect for every day use. It also has one peachy and one light red blush. 

Eyeshadows:
* La Tour Eiffel - dark grey shimmery shade, great pigmented.
* Louvre - champagne shimmery shade, great pigmented.
* Sacre-Coeur - light brown shimmery shade, good pigmented.
* Seine - a bronzed-brown shimmery shade, great pigmented.
* Champs-Elysees - beige matt shade, bad pigmented.
* Notre-Dame - brown shimmery shade, good pigmented.

Blushes:
* Moulin Rouge - peachy shimmery blush, bad pigmented.
* Arc De Triomphe - light pink matt blush, good pigmented.


Here are the swatches on my hand. They are made without base.


San Francisco
This palette was on my WL, because I love blue colors and I love the green packaging. It also has some brown colors, great for everyday use, but the color combo isn't really my thing. I don't mix often blue and brown eyeshadows. The blushes are nice, one red and one peachy. 


Eyeshadows:
* Fiherman's Wharf - petrol shimmery shade, good pigmented.
* Lombard Street - a greyish-blue shimmery shade, good pigmented.
* Alcatraz - dark brown shimmery shade, great pigmented.
* Transamerica Pyramid - beige matt shade, good pigmented.
* Coit Tower - light brown shade, bad pigmented.
* Sfmoma - light greyish-brown shade, good pigmented. 

Blushes:
* Golden Gate Brigade - red matt blush, good pigmented.
* Cable Car - peachy matt blush, so-so pigmented.


Here are the swatches of San Francisco palette. They are made without base. 


I usually apply eyeshadows while doing swatches with my fingers, so I decided to do a test with a brush for this review. Here you can actually better see the pigmentation of each eyeshadow. Specially brighter eyeshadows have worse pigmentation.


San Fransisco is an amazing green shimmery shade. It has the same brush as polishes in their regular line and to me is very easy application with this brush. I used 2 coats.


When I came home and look at the polish more carefully, it remembered me on some other polish. And I was right. It's very similar to Catrice Be Pool from Nyphelia LE collection. 


I applied 2 coats of each and I was surprised, that they look the same. Ok, if you have very attentive eye, you can notice, that San Francisco has more greenish hint to it and Be Pool has more blueish hint to it, but that is a very small difference, barely noticeable.  


 ***
Conclusion:
I'm very happy to get my hands on these palettes. Well, I wish some blushes and eyeshadows would be more pigmented, but otherwise these are not bad palettes. The Paris palette has perfect colors for nude and everyday make up looks. I wish San Francisco would have one or two more blue shadows. The color combination are not the ones, I would often use to make an eye look. Eyeshadows are creamy, easy to apply and nice to blend. I tested on my lids only eyeshadows from San Francisco palette and they did a good job. They didn't creased, they only faded a bit after 7 hours.

When it comes to polishes, I recommend them, if you like the colors. But if you already have Be Pool from Catrice, you probably don't need San Francisco too (at least if you adore this color and you're afraid to run it out). If you had Be Pool on your WL and you didn't get it, then San Franscisco is a must-have for you.

In the palette you get 6 eyeshadows (each 1,5 g), 2 blushes (each 2,5 g), 1 eye pencil (0,28 g) and a brush. The palette cost 8,29 € in Müller, so I think this is a great price for everything together. The bottle of polish contains 10 ml of product and it costs 2,69 € in Müller.


What do you think about this collection? What do you want to get prom it or what did you get?

32 komentarjev

  1. These palettes are super cute! I love the colors and the packaging too.
    I like also the nail polish, the shimmer is lovely! Great picks!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, they are. I'm in love with the packaging, so cute.
      This polish was to only interesting to me from this collection, but I think some girls will like the nude polish too very much.

      Izbriši
  2. I loved your review,the palettes are nice,and I if find them I will get San Francisco for sure:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. I hope you'll get your hands on it. :)

      Izbriši
  3. I want San Fransisco! it looks so pretty! that's the only polish from this collection I really wanted (or need? ;D ). I found this LE last week but SF was the only polish that was already sold out...!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I Think San Francisco will be most popular polish. By us is still available, so if you don't find me, let me know.

      Izbriši
  4. I've just seen the first swatches somewhere else and San Francisco is the winner for me.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. San FRancisco is my winner too. :)

      Izbriši
  5. Paletke so mi lepe samo za gledat, drugače jih itak ne rabim... Lak je pa wow! Dobro, da si ga vsaj poswatchala, preden se ti je razbil :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz jih verjetno tudi ne, ampak sem jih hotela, ker so mi lepe. Ja, še sreča. Ampak je že moj fant poskrbel za nadomestilo. :)

      Izbriši
  6. Najprej bravo za post! Vidi se, da si si vzela precej časa zanj.

    Kar se tiče samo kolekcije, skoraj vsi odtenki so mi všeč. Tako lak kot v paletah. :) Palete se mi zdijo zelo dobro sestavljene in primerne za začetnike, ki nimajo veliko ličil in bi radi kakšna osnovna senčila in uporabna odtenka rdečil. S tem v mislih se mi niti šibka pigmentiranost ne zdi nujno slaba. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. Ja, sem ga kar dolgo pisala.

      Kar se začetnikov tiče, seveda vse drži, ampak jaz si zase želim malo boljšo pigmentiranost. So me Sleek palete malo razvadile. :)

      Izbriši
  7. San Francisco colection is beautiful! I love those colors :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, it's my fav, the green is my color.

      Izbriši
  8. The neutral palette looks a lot like one of last year (Berlin maybe?). I like the blue shade in the San Francisco one but I already have so many palettes and eyeshadows that I don't really want to spend more in something that isn't very pigmented honestly.
    I really love the nail polish but wow, so dupe to Be Pool that I already own. I'm not sure I'll need it...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I've heard few things, that they're similar to the last year ones, but I don't have any, so I couldn't compare them. Plus, last year we didn't get them, so I had to take my chance this year.

      Izbriši
  9. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:) Please check mines If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. I'll check yours too. :)

      Izbriši
  10. Vidim da ti je uspelo najti San Francisco paletko :) super je! Če bi nosila take barve bi jo takoj vzela :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Ja, pri nas je bilo še vse na voljo, ni tako popularno kot v LJ. Bi vzela še Shanghai, pa sem se morala malo zadržati. :)

      Izbriši
  11. Sem gledala San Francisco v Mullerju, pa se je tudi meni zdel podoben Be pool, tako da sem ga nekako lahko dala nazaj na poličko hehe :) Drugače si nakupila same super stvari

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. Meni pa še takoj v trgovini ni kapnilo, ampak ko sem prišla iz trgovine (pri tistih lučeh vse izgleda malo drugače). Ampak je odtenek prelep. <3

      Izbriši
  12. Vse od San Francisco mi je res super! Mi pa še ni uspelo iti po nakupih. Vsaj moja denarnica je vesela. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Za enkrat je še vesela, ampak ko prideš do teh paletk, ne bo več. :D No, upam, da ti uspe kmalu po nakupih. :D

      Izbriši
  13. nadam se da cu ovu stic uzet prije nego je nestaje jer pošlu nisam kupila

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Po moje ti bo uspelo, v našem koncu ni tako popularna kot v prestolnici, tako da bo verjetno kje pri vas v manjših krajih tudi na voljo dovolj dolgo, da vse dobiš, kar želiš. :)

      Izbriši
  14. Sploh nisem vedela, da pride ta kolekcija. Ne vem kako sem to lahko zgrešila :)
    Imam pa od lanske Sydney in New york paleto in sta mi super. Bi pa še imela tole, saj ne da jo rabim :P Lak je tudi čudovit!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Potem si ti ena od tistih srečnic, ki so dobile lanske palete.
      Jaz bi imela vse palete, čeprav jih tudi ne rabim, ker nobene ne bom porabila do konca. :)

      Izbriši
  15. Palettes are beautiful. I really wanted them all, but was very angry that our Catrice didnt import it. Later they got two of four, but I decided not to buy. Hate that we only get leftovers -.-

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know how you feel. We didn't get them at all. But I believe this year you'll get a whole collection. :)

      Izbriši
  16. Pariz paleta je divna, ali me malo muci ova slaba pigmentiranost kad se nanose kistom, mislim da necu uzimat ove palete, nisam ni iz prosle kolekcije nijednu uzela

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3