Tutorial: Neon Splatter Nails

Yesterday I promised you a tutorial for splatter neon nails and today I'm publishing it. This tutorial is easy, but a bit time consuming, because you have to wait for polish to dry.


What you will need:
- polishes of your choise
- dotting tool
- tweezers
- transparent folder

Tutorial:
Step 1: Take transparent folder and polish of your choise and put drops of polish on a folder. (The folder was transparent, but I used white paper beneath for the tutorial, so it will be easier to me to take a photo, that's why the background is white.)
Step 2: Take a dotting tool and make patterns from dots. You can do bigger or smaller patterns (I made bigger for my thumbs).


Step 3: Repeat step 2 with other polishes. You can use as many colors as you want. I decided to use 5 neon shades. Then wait for patterns to be completely dry.  


Step 4: Paint your nails with color of your decision. I used white, because my patterns were neon. Wait that the polish is dry, before applying patterns.   


Step 5: When the patterns on the folder are completely dry, remove them from folder. You can do that so, that you curve the folder or you can pull it over the edge of the table (I hope this is understabdable). If the polish is completely dry, the patterns will be easy to remove.  


Step 6: Place a pattern with tweezers on your nail. When you're going to place a pattern, push it with your fingers down, so it will stay on place. I actually noticed, that it was easier for me to place a pattern with fingers, but you can decide on your own, how you're going to do it. 
Step 7: Repeat the step 6 with a pattern in any other color. You can add as many patterns as you want.


The step 8 is to apply a top coat over your design to protect it. And in the end your manicure can look like this:


My advice is that you really wait that the polish on a folder drys completely. I didn't wait long enough, so I had problems with removing patterns from a folder. There were also visible my finger prints, but top coat saved that problem. Also wait for base polish to be dry, it will be easier to work. I know, that can be time consuming, but the final result is amazing. 

I hope you like this tutorial. Let me know, if you're going to try to do this manicure.

29 komentarjev

  1. Kako domiselno! Res mi je všeč in mogoče poskusim za kakšen DIY projekt (nohte ohranjam dolgočasne in monotone). Hvala za idejo.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hvala. Upam, da boš potem pokazala, kako ti je uspelo. Jaz pa uživam v nail artu in mi je zanimivo poskušati različne tehnike. :)

      Izbriši
  2. Great tutorial and great manicure!! :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. Great idea,super cute and such a fun mani!I will have to try it:)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. It was great to wear. Show you manicure, if you're going to do it, I would love to see it.

      Izbriši
  4. Glih zadnjič sem nekaj podobnega na youtubu zasledila. Definitivno za sprobat! :)

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Končni rezultat je super. A daš link? Rada bi videla video. ;)

      Izbriši
  5. I had read about this technique with the transparent folder but I haven't tried it. It sounds super cool and an easy way to draw anything you want and transfer it to your nails! Thanks for the tutorial :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're welcome. Yes, it's great. And a bit easier than drawing all the patterns on your nails. Here you can choose patterns, that look nice to you and just place them on your nails. If you're drawing everything directly on your nails and you made a mistake, that can't be fixed, you have to remove everything.

      Izbriši
  6. Great tutorial! I'm very clumsy at nail art, but I'll probably try this.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. That's easier than doing nail art directly on your nails. I hope you'll show it, when you'll do it.

      Izbriši
  7. Mislim da je ovo jedna od najboljih stvari koje sam ikad vidila!! :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. fantastičan tutorijal,hvala ti puno!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  9. Wow, never thought about this! Awesome

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Thank you. I'm glad, you like it.

      Izbriši
  10. cool, samo se meni čini da bi išlo brže da si odmah na noktima pravila ove splattere ;-D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  11. Suepr tutorial! Morem defenitivno kdaj sprobat, bo pa pri moji hitrosti to vrjetno enkrat sred zime =)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  12. Ja wauuu, kako domiselno! Krasen rezultat.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  13. Such a neat idea. I never would have thought to do that! Genius!!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3