Review and Swatches: Depend Holographic Nail Polishes


Few days ago came in our drugstores Depend holographic and magnetics nail polishes. I was really excited specially about the holographic polishes, because our drugstores don't hold holographic nail polishes (only few brands have maybe one in their assortiment). There are 12 polished in the collection. I wanted a lot of them, but in the end I got only 4. I think that's enough for the beginning.

I have to say, I adore these polishes. They're so easy to apply, dry fast, last long and have gorgeous rainbow. Amazing. The only downside is, that they cost 3,45 € and have only 5 ml of product. I wish they would hold at least 10 ml. All polishes are more sheer, they all needed 3 coats to be opaque, but luckily they dry fast. I made all swatches without base coat. I tested Laurel Green over Essence Studion nails 24/7 nail base and they worked great together, so you don't need any special base coat under these polishes.


2032 Denim blue is actually a purple holo. I don't know why, but my camera makes all purples look more blue than they are in RL. I personally wouldn't call this color denim blue. Here I used 3 coats.


My blue holo had a bit wonky brush. Few bristles were to long, so I had to cut them off. 


2033 Ocean Blue is a bright blue color. The name of this one suits him well. Here I used 3 coats. 


2035 Laurel Green is a bright green holo. This one is my favourite, it's the most special shade in this collection by my opinion. I adore it. I recommend you to get this one, if you have a chance. Here I used 3 coats.


2036 Ocean Green is a darker green holo. This is my second favourite. I would never say no to a darker green holo. Here I used 3 coats. 


Depend polishes are available in DM drugstores in Slovenia. They cost 3,45 €. The rainbow of these polishes is more visible in RL than on photos.

What do you girls think about Depend holographic polishes? Which ones are you planning to get?

32 komentarjev

  1. SO JEALOUS!!
    As you know dm is drugstore based in Germany and they never have the Depend shelf in original german dm!! *gaaaaaaa*
    Anyway they are so beautiful, I hope to have it someday...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I know, DM's are German stores. The same is with P2 polishes, they're only available in Greman DM's, in other coountries we have S-he, which is far away from P2. But you know, you can alwyas do a swap for these polishes. :)

      Izbriši
    2. Just thought the same as Chiro. Interesting that you have depend in Slovenia. I got mine in Sweden so far. But those holos sure are gorgeous. Would be awesome of I could get my hands on that blue one... *-*

      Izbriši
    3. Maybe German DM's didn't decided to have Depend polishes. As much as I know, DM's in different countries have some different brands too (like I saw Layla yesterday in Austria, they also have Catrice and we don't, Croatian DM's have Smart Girls Get More nail polishes etc.).

      Izbriši
  2. Oh, kako so lepi! <3 Ampak res je škoda, da so tako majhne stekleničke, povrh pa potrebni 3 sloji. =( Ko sem jih prvič videla, sem hotela kupiti kar vse, ker sem pričakovala, da bodo 1,70 € in zelo prekrivni, ko pa sem videla pravo ceno, sem si malo premislila in se odločila, da za začetek testiram samo enega. Izbrala sem Sand Grey, ampak je tako prosojen... Tako da ne vem, če si bom omislila še katerega. *blush*

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Jaz sem najprej tudi mislila, da bo cena standard, pa me je kar malo zadelo, ko sem videla, da so tako dragi. Ampak sem si vseeno privoščila. Bila sem čisto navdušena, da imamo tudi v drogerijah končno poštene holografske lake. Bi pa seveda raje videla, da bi bili cenejši ali pa stekleničke večje.

      Izbriši
  3. They are super cute but I noticed the look exactly the same as Pupa holos, which I already have since it's an Italian brand and very easy to find over here!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. You're lucky, you have access to so many gorgeous polishes. From holos we have only Depend in drugstores. I wish brands like Kiko, Pupa, Layla would be available here too.

      Izbriši
  4. omgosh, i had no idea you had access to depend!! i'm so jealous, it seems like they've come out with some amazing colors, and these ones are no different! let me know if you'd be interested in doing a swap some time (:

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Yes, we got them last year in DM's, if I remember right. If you want any of these polishes, just write me email and we can agree for a swap. ;)

      Izbriši
  5. predivni su :-D
    mogu samo sanjat da se i dm u hrvatskoj odluči za depend brand :-(

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Krasni so. Mogoče pa se bo kdaj zgodilo, da bodo na voljo tudi pri vas. ;)

      Izbriši
  6. wow, Denim Blue is stunning! I love it!

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. I like this one too, but green is my color.

      Izbriši
  7. I like the first one the most. :3

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. As I see, you're not the only one. A lot of you like this color. :)

      Izbriši
  8. Holographics are so pretty. My favourite is the second one.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. And they're perfect to wear in summer. :)

      Izbriši
  9. Ocean Green je res lep, pa meni se je šele 4. dan malenkost okrušil. Včeraj sem si še Raspberry vzela, zgleda tudi lep. :D

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Tole je velik plus laku, da se šele 4. dan okruši. Jaz bom verjetno tudi še kakega vzela.

      Izbriši
  10. Odgovori
    1. Yes, they do. Depend did a good job with them.

      Izbriši
  11. Blue denim izgleda fantastično

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Mislim, da vas je veliko navdušenk nad tem lakom. ;)

      Izbriši
  12. ooh so pretty .i have only one .

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3