Review: Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base

It's time for some more reviews. Today I'm reviewing Essence I Love Stage eyeshadow base. It was part of Essence I Love TE, which is now sold in their regular line.


The base comes in a clear tube, that is similar to their packaging for lipglosses, with an applicator. It contains 4 ml of product, but it lasts long, because you don't need a lot of product to cover your whole eyelid. I apply it with applicator and then blend it with my fingers.


The texture of a base is creamy and matt. The color is nude. Eyeshadows apply very easy over it and are easy to blend. Most of them don't crease, at least not on my lids, but they do fade after hours of wearing. Specially it works great with Essence eyeshadows, but it doesn't works with Sleek ones. When I was doing make up with Sleek palettes and using this base, eyeshadows creased  after 4 or 5 hours. I blame a base, because Sleek eyeshadows are great and don't crease with other bases (they work fine even with eyeshadow base from Essence You Rock). For my normal (not oily) lids it works fine, but I've red that on oily lids isn't that great. Some of the girls also use it as a concealer, but I haven't try it in this way.


I don't remember the exact price, but I think it's something over 2 €. This is not a great eyeshadow base, but it's good enough for this money and it works fine with most eyeshadows, at least for me. But my favourite eyeshadow base is still from Art Deco.

What do you think about this eyeshadow base? Did you try it?

5 komentarjev

  1. mislim da cu je uzeti i nadam se da necu zazaliti iako ostajem verna Artdeco-voj koja je perfektna :) super post :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Now it's part of the regular line I hope I'll find it, I really want to try it! My fav eye primer so far is the e.l.f. primer

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. @Anibani. Hvala. :) Da, tudi meni je Artdecojeva najboljša.

    @NatalieDouka: I think you gonna find it. I haven't try e.l.f. comsetics yet, but I hope I'm going to some day. :)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. Zaenkrat si je še nisem kupila. Bom pa najvrjeteje vzela eno. Če ne za druga, za delanje swatchev. Mi je za to škoda uporabljati Artdeco bazo, ki pa je fenomenalna.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Meni je Artdecova tudi najboljša. :) Jaz ponavadi delam swatche brez baze.

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3