Some Catrice Swatches From Their New Assortment

Today I have for you swatches of four new Catrice shades: After Eight, Captain Sparrow's Boat, I'm A Star... and Khaki Perry. I could show you each in their own post, but I decided to show you all in one post, so you can see more swatches with only one click. :)

The formula of all four polishes is similar - their finish is something between foil and metallic and you have to be careful with their application, because they leave brush strokes. But when the polishes dry, brush strokes aren't visile anymore. 

After Eight is a dark green shade with green shimmer. It's perfect shade for fall and winter. I used 2 coats.


Captain Sparrow's Boat is a dark grey shimmery shade. In the bottle I can see blue, green and also some pink shimmer, but my camera didn't catch all these colors on the photo. I obviously bought this polish because of the name, because I'm a huge Jack Sparrow's fan. Love those movies. But I have to say I like this polish more than I expected. I've read that this is Chanel's Black Pearl dupe, but I don't have Chanel, so you'll have to find comparison on other blogs. Here I used 2 coats.


I'm A Star... was a love at first sight. Or coat. Anyway, this color is hard to describe. It's special shade of green. The first surprise, when I opened the bottle, was the brush. It's not regular Catrice brush, because this one is rounded. I don't know, if this is only my polish or all I'm A Star... shades have this brush. If you have this polish, is your brush the same?
This one is definitively my favourite from these four. I already wore it as my manicure and now I have it on my toes. Also this one is a perfect shade for fall and winter. Here I used 2 coats.


Khaki Perry was the biggest dissapointment for me. In the bottle it looks like khaki color, but when you apply it, it looks more like silver with a touch of green. This one will not be my favourite, but I think it will look nice with black or other crackle polish. Here I used 2 coats.


Khaki Perry and Captain Sparrow's Boat were part of Catrice LE Modern Muse. I don't know, why they decided to add these polishes in their regular assortment. Or is that the same thing that Essence did with their LE I Love? Was Modern Muse a preview collection?

So, what do you think about these shades? Do you like them?

11 komentarjev

  1. čim sam izašla iz trgovine bilo mi je žao što nisam uzela i i'm a star... morat ću po njega, savršen je :-D
    srećom, khaky perry i captain sparrow's boat me nisu privukli jer stvarno ne volim ovaj metalik-frost finiš ;-)

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Uuuu ova četkica je prekrasna! Izgleda kao iz Rimmel lakova...

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. @Cali: I'm glad you like them. I like I'm A Star... better.

    @nail crazy: Ta finiš tudi meni ni najlepši, ampak pri enem me je pritegnila barva, pri drugem pa ime. Po moje se bosta v kombinaciji s kakim glittrom ali cracklom dobro obnesla. I'm A Star... pa je zame must have, taka posebna barva.

    @Irena: Ja, meni je tudi krasna. Lak se da lepo namazati.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  4. I saw all of them but I didn't buy any of these...I don't know, I thought the colours were nothing special, but maybe I will change my mind :P

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  5. Are these not your colors? Captain Sparrow's Boat and Khaki Perry aren't anything special, but I'm A Star... I love this shade, it something special in my stash.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  6. All my bottles from the Bohemia LE had that brush. I looked at some of my new core brushes and most of them still had the old brush.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  7. Thank you for your comment, Allison. I actually prefer this brush than the old one. It's easier for me to apply polish on my nails.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  8. Just bought After Eight and can't wait to apply! I also love I'm a Star but I think I'll pass on it because it's too similar to Welcome to the Jungle (Papagena LE). I used Khaki Perry on a camo green creme polish and it looks amazing. You definitely should try layering it on something else!

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Thank you for all your sweet comments, I appreciate every one of them. <3